To cook drumsticks, preheat the oven to 425°f and bake the drumsticks for 30-35 minutes. However, if you want a delicious and flavorful option for cooking drumsticks, follow these simple steps.
Table of Contents
- Oven-Baked Drumstick Recipes
- Lemon And Herb Roasted Drumsticks
- Spicy Bbq Drumsticks
- Crispy Breaded Drumsticks With Dipping Sauce
- Stovetop Drumstick Recipes
- Garlic And Herb Skillet Drumsticks
- Creamy Mushroom Drumsticks
- Spicy Asian Stir-Fried Drumsticks
- Grilled Drumstick Recipes
- Teriyaki Glazed Grilled Drumsticks
- Honey Mustard Grilled Drumsticks
- Mexican-Inspired Grilled Drumsticks With Lime And Chili
- Slow Cooker Drumstick Recipes
- Sweet And Tangy Slow Cooker Drumsticks:
- Buffalo Ranch Slow Cooker Drumsticks:
- Creamy Coconut Curry Drumsticks:
- Air Fryer Drumstick Recipes
- Crispy Cajun Air Fryer Drumsticks:
- Garlic Parmesan Air Fryer Drumsticks:
- Sticky Honey Sriracha Air Fryer Drumsticks:
- Frequently Asked Questions For How To Cook Drumsticks
- How Long Should I Cook Drumsticks In The Oven?
- What Are Some Seasoning Options For Drumsticks?
- Can I Fry Drumsticks Instead Of Baking Them?
- Is It Necessary To Marinate Drumsticks Before Cooking?
- Can I Cook Drumsticks On A Grill?
- How Do I Know When Drumsticks Are Fully Cooked?
Oven-Baked Drumstick Recipes
Oven-baked drumstick recipes are a delicious and hassle-free way to enjoy tender and flavorful chicken drumsticks. Whether you’re in the mood for a zesty, citrusy kick or a spicy barbecue glaze, these recipes are sure to satisfy your taste buds.
And if you’re craving something crispy and crunchy, we’ve got you covered with a breaded drumstick recipe that comes with a tantalizing dipping sauce. Let’s dive into these mouthwatering recipes and discover how to cook drumsticks in the oven.
Lemon And Herb Roasted Drumsticks
- Elevate your drumsticks with the refreshing flavors of lemon and aromatic herbs.
- Follow these simple steps to achieve tender and juicy drumsticks bursting with zesty goodness:
- Preheat your oven to 400°f (200°c).
- In a mixing bowl, combine fresh lemon juice, grated lemon zest, minced garlic, chopped herbs (such as rosemary and thyme), salt, and pepper.
- Pat dry the drumsticks with paper towels and place them in the bowl with the marinade. Ensure each piece is evenly coated.
- Transfer the drumsticks to a baking dish lined with foil or parchment paper.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes, or until the drumsticks are golden brown and the internal temperature reaches 165°f (75°c).
- Serve hot and enjoy the tantalizing blend of citrusy zest and herb-infused flavors.
Spicy Bbq Drumsticks
- Add a fiery twist to your drumstick repertoire with these spicy bbq beauties.
- Follow these steps to infuse your drumsticks with a smoky, tangy, and spicy kick:
- Preheat your oven to 425°f (220°c).
- In a bowl, mix together barbecue sauce, hot sauce, paprika, garlic powder, brown sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Coat the drumsticks generously with the spicy bbq mixture, making sure each piece is well-coated.
- Arrange the drumsticks on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper.
- Bake for approximately 40-45 minutes, flipping them halfway through, until the drumsticks are crispy on the outside and cooked through.
- Serve these finger-licking treats with some extra sauce for dipping, and brace yourself for a tantalizing burst of flavors.
Crispy Breaded Drumsticks With Dipping Sauce
- Indulge in the ultimate comfort food – crispy breaded drumsticks paired with a delectable dipping sauce.
- Follow these steps to achieve a delectable combination of crunchy coating and flavorful sauce:
- Preheat your oven to 425°f (220°c).
- In one bowl, whisk together flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and smoked paprika. In another bowl, beat eggs.
- Dip each drumstick into the flour mixture, then coat it with the beaten eggs, and finally, roll it in breadcrumbs until evenly coated.
- Place the breaded drumsticks on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper.
- Bake for approximately 40-45 minutes, flipping them halfway through, until the drumsticks are golden brown and crispy.
- While the drumsticks are baking, prepare a delicious dipping sauce by combining mayonnaise, dijon mustard, honey, and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Serve the crispy drumsticks alongside the tangy dipping sauce for a truly satisfying meal.
And there you have it – three mouthwatering oven-baked drumstick recipes to satisfy your cravings. Whether you prefer the zingy flavors of lemon and herbs, the spicy kick of bbq glaze, or the irresistible crunch of breaded drumsticks, these recipes are sure to impress.
So gather your ingredients, preheat your oven, and get ready to enjoy a delightful and fuss-free drumstick feast.
Stovetop Drumstick Recipes
Drumsticks are a versatile and flavorful cut of chicken that can be cooked in a variety of ways. If you’re looking to whip up some delicious drumstick recipes on your stovetop, we’ve got you covered. From garlic and herb skillet drumsticks to creamy mushroom drumsticks and spicy asian stir-fried drumsticks, there are endless possibilities to explore.
Whether you’re planning a weeknight dinner or a weekend feast, these recipes are sure to please your taste buds. So, let’s dive in and discover how to cook drumsticks that will leave you wanting more.
Garlic And Herb Skillet Drumsticks
- Start by marinating the drumsticks in a mixture of minced garlic, chopped herbs (such as rosemary, thyme, and parsley), olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add a drizzle of oil.
- Place the marinated drumsticks in the skillet and cook for about 5-7 minutes on each side, or until the skin is golden brown and crispy.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue cooking for another 10-15 minutes, or until the drumsticks are cooked through.
- Serve hot and garnish with additional herbs, if desired.
Creamy Mushroom Drumsticks
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat and add sliced mushrooms. Cook until they are browned and tender.
- Push the mushrooms to the side and add the drumsticks to the skillet, cooking them for about 5 minutes on each side until browned.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together chicken broth, cream, dijon mustard, minced garlic, and thyme.
- Pour the creamy mixture over the drumsticks and mushrooms in the skillet and bring to a simmer.
- Cover the skillet and let it cook for about 20-25 minutes, or until the drumsticks are cooked through.
- Serve the creamy mushroom drumsticks over rice or mashed potatoes for a comforting and indulgent meal.
Spicy Asian Stir-Fried Drumsticks
- Start by marinating the drumsticks in a mixture of soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, minced garlic, grated ginger, and red pepper flakes.
- Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat and add a drizzle of oil.
- Add the marinated drumsticks to the hot wok and stir-fry for about 10-12 minutes, or until they are cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
- Toss in your favorite vegetables, such as bell peppers, snap peas, or baby corn, and stir-fry for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Serve the spicy asian stir-fried drumsticks over steamed rice or noodles for a quick and flavorful meal with a kick.
Now that you know how to cook drumsticks on your stovetop, it’s time to get creative in the kitchen. Experiment with different seasonings, sauces, and cooking methods to find your favorite drumstick recipes. Whether you prefer them crispy and garlic-infused, creamy and mushroom-packed, or spice-laden with an asian twist, there’s a drumstick recipe waiting to be enjoyed.
So, grab your skillet and get ready to savor the deliciousness of homemade drumsticks.
Grilled Drumstick Recipes
Drumsticks are not only delicious, but they also make for a perfect main dish during barbecues or family gatherings. If you’re looking to add a smoky and charred flavor to your drumsticks, grilling them is the way to go. Below, we’ve compiled three mouthwatering recipes that will take your grilled drumsticks to the next level.
Get your grill fired up and let’s dive into these irresistible flavors.
Teriyaki Glazed Grilled Drumsticks
- Marinate the drumsticks in a mixture of soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, and sesame oil for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat and lightly oil the grates to prevent sticking.
- Grill the drumsticks for about 20-25 minutes, turning occasionally, until they are cooked through and the internal temperature reaches 165°f (74°c).
- Brush the drumsticks with teriyaki sauce in the last 5 minutes of grilling for a delicious glazed finish.
- Serve hot and garnish with chopped green onions and toasted sesame seeds for added flavor and presentation.
Honey Mustard Grilled Drumsticks
- In a bowl, whisk together dijon mustard, honey, apple cider vinegar, minced garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Generously coat the drumsticks with the honey mustard mixture and let them marinate for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Preheat your grill to medium heat and oil the grates.
- Grill the drumsticks for approximately 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally, until they are golden brown and cooked through.
- Baste the drumsticks with the remaining honey mustard mixture during grilling to enhance the flavor.
- Enjoy the sticky sweetness of the honey mustard as it blends perfectly with the grill marks on the drumsticks.
Mexican-Inspired Grilled Drumsticks With Lime And Chili
- In a bowl, combine lime juice, olive oil, minced garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper to create a zesty marinade.
- Rub the drumsticks with the marinade, making sure they are coated evenly. Allow them to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill the drumsticks for about 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally, until they are fully cooked and have developed a tempting charred exterior.
- Squeeze some fresh lime juice over the grilled drumsticks before serving to add a burst of citrusy freshness.
- Sprinkle chopped cilantro on top for a final touch of aromatic mexican flavors.
These grilled drumstick recipes are guaranteed to elevate your outdoor cooking game. Whether you’re a fan of the sweet and tangy teriyaki glaze, the classic combination of honey and mustard, or the spicy kick of mexican-inspired flavors, there’s a recipe for everyone.
Enjoy the smoky aroma and succulent taste that grilling brings to these scrumptious drumsticks.
Slow Cooker Drumstick Recipes
Slow cooker drumstick recipes are a game changer when it comes to easy and delicious meals. With just a few simple ingredients and minimal effort, you can create flavorful and tender drumsticks that will leave your taste buds begging for more.
In this blog post, we’ll explore three mouthwatering slow cooker drumstick recipes that are sure to impress. From the sweet and tangy flavors of the first recipe, to the spicy kick of the second, and the creamy indulgence of the third, these recipes offer something for everyone.
So, grab your slow cooker and get ready to elevate your weeknight dinners with these irresistible drumstick recipes. Here are the recipes we will be diving into:
Sweet And Tangy Slow Cooker Drumsticks:
- Combine the sweetness of honey and the tang of balsamic vinegar for a truly delectable flavor profile.
- Slow cook the drumsticks with the sauce until they are juicy and fall-off-the-bone tender.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and sesame seeds for an added burst of freshness and crunch.
- Perfect for those who enjoy a balance of sweet and tangy flavors.
Buffalo Ranch Slow Cooker Drumsticks:
- Kick up the heat with a combination of buffalo hot sauce and creamy ranch dressing.
- Slow cook the drumsticks until they are moist and infused with spicy ranch flavor.
- Serve with celery sticks and extra ranch dressing for dipping.
- Ideal for those who love the bold and zesty taste of buffalo sauce.
Creamy Coconut Curry Drumsticks:
- Transport your taste buds to the tropics with this rich and creamy coconut curry sauce.
- Slow cook the drumsticks until they are succulent and infused with aromatic curry flavors.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and a squeeze of lime for a burst of freshness.
- Perfect for those craving a creamy and exotic dish.
Now that you have a preview of the tantalizing slow cooker drumstick recipes we’ll be exploring, get ready to transform your weeknight dinner routine. Whether you prefer sweet and tangy, spicy buffalo, or creamy coconut curry, these recipes are sure to become family favorites.
So, dust off your slow cooker and get ready to delight your taste buds with these flavorful drumstick creations.
Air Fryer Drumstick Recipes
Air fryer drumstick recipes are a convenient way to cook drumsticks without all the excess oil and grease. Whether you’re looking for a crispy cajun flavor, a garlic parmesan twist, or a sticky honey sriracha kick, these air fryer recipes will have your taste buds dancing.
With the help of an air fryer, you can achieve perfectly cooked drumsticks that are tender on the inside and irresistibly crispy on the outside. So, let’s dive into these flavor-packed recipes and discover how easy it is to make delicious drumsticks in an air fryer.
Crispy Cajun Air Fryer Drumsticks:
- These cajun drumsticks are seasoned with a blend of aromatic spices, giving them a fiery kick and a deliciously crispy exterior.
- With the air fryer, you can achieve that desirable crunch without the need for excessive oil.
- Here’s how to make them:
- Start by patting the drumsticks dry with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture.
- In a small bowl, combine cajun seasoning, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Rub the drumsticks generously with the spice mixture, coating them evenly.
- Place the drumsticks in the air fryer basket, making sure they are not overcrowded.
- Set the air fryer to 400°f and cook the drumsticks for 25-30 minutes, flipping them halfway through.
- Once done, the drumsticks should be golden brown and crispy on the outside, with juicy and tender meat on the inside.
- Serve hot and enjoy the flavorsome cajun goodness!
Garlic Parmesan Air Fryer Drumsticks:
- If you’re a fan of garlic and cheese, then these garlic parmesan drumsticks are a must-try.
- The air fryer creates the perfect combination of crispy skin and moist meat, while the garlic and parmesan add an irresistible flavor.
- Here’s how to make them:
- Start by preheating the air fryer to 400°f.
- In a small bowl, combine minced garlic, grated parmesan cheese, melted butter, dried parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Brush the drumsticks with the garlic parmesan mixture, ensuring they are well coated.
- Place the drumsticks in the air fryer basket, leaving space between each piece.
- Cook the drumsticks for 20-25 minutes, flipping them halfway through.
- The drumsticks should be golden brown and crispy, with the cheese forming a delightful crust.
- Serve hot and enjoy the fragrant garlic and cheesy goodness!
Sticky Honey Sriracha Air Fryer Drumsticks:
- If you’re craving a sticky, sweet, and spicy flavor profile, these honey sriracha drumsticks are a crowd-pleaser.
- The air fryer method ensures that the marinade caramelizes beautifully, resulting in a lip-smacking glaze.
- Here’s how to make them:
- Start by marinating the drumsticks in a mixture of honey, sriracha sauce, soy sauce, minced garlic, and grated ginger.
- Let the drumsticks marinate for at least 30 minutes, allowing the flavors to penetrate the meat.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°f.
- Place the drumsticks in the air fryer basket, ensuring they are evenly spaced.
- Cook the drumsticks for 20-25 minutes, flipping them and basting with the remaining marinade halfway through.
- The drumsticks should have a sticky glaze and a beautiful golden color.
- Serve hot and enjoy the mouthwatering combination of sweet and spicy flavors!
With these air fryer drumstick recipes, you can enjoy flavorful and crispy drumsticks without the hassle of deep frying. The air fryer not only saves you time and energy but also produces healthier and delicious results. So, give these recipes a try and elevate your drumstick game to a whole new level!
Frequently Asked Questions For How To Cook Drumsticks
How Long Should I Cook Drumsticks In The Oven?
Cook drumsticks in the oven at 400 degrees fahrenheit for about 25-30 minutes. Ensure the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees fahrenheit to ensure they are fully cooked.
What Are Some Seasoning Options For Drumsticks?
You can season drumsticks with a variety of options, such as salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, or even a marinade like teriyaki or barbecue sauce. Experiment with different flavors to find your favorite.
Can I Fry Drumsticks Instead Of Baking Them?
Yes, you can fry drumsticks instead of baking them. Heat oil in a pan to 350 degrees fahrenheit and fry the drumsticks for about 10-15 minutes until they are golden brown and cooked through.
Is It Necessary To Marinate Drumsticks Before Cooking?
While marinating drumsticks is not necessary, it can enhance the flavor and tenderness. Marinate them in your choice of sauce or seasoning for at least 30 minutes to overnight before cooking for best results.
Can I Cook Drumsticks On A Grill?
Absolutely! Grilling drumsticks adds a delicious smoky flavor. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat, place the drumsticks on the grill, and cook for about 20-25 minutes, turning occasionally, until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees fahrenheit.
How Do I Know When Drumsticks Are Fully Cooked?
The best way to determine if drumsticks are fully cooked is by using a meat thermometer. Insert it into the thickest part of the meat without touching the bone. Once the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees fahrenheit, they are ready to eat.
To sum it up, cooking drumsticks doesn’t have to be a daunting task. By following the right techniques and taking the time to marinate and season them properly, you can create a mouthwatering dish that everyone will love. Start by preheating your oven and preparing your drumsticks.
Then, choose the cooking method that best suits your preferences – whether it’s baking, grilling, or frying. Remember to keep an eye on the drumsticks while they cook, ensuring they reach the appropriate internal temperature and achieve a crispy, golden brown exterior.
Finally, serve your drumsticks with your favorite sides and enjoy a delicious meal. With these tips in mind, you’ll be on your way to becoming a drumstick cooking expert in no time. So go ahead, get creative, and make some flavorful drumsticks that will leave your taste buds wanting more.